Reporting to the Marketing Director, the marketing intern will assist with a variety of projects aimed at building Method’s reputation and business, including business development strategy and research, marketing/sales material maintenance, event planning and execution, data analysis and reporting, social media and website support, and all outreach marketing programs.
This role will be based in NYC and focus on a combination of local activities that support global initiatives as well as global activities.
Communications Coordination: Assist in executing marketing strategies and objectives.
- Coordinate Method’s involvement with industry organizations, events, and awards
- Assist in event production: coordinating catering, event invite lists, brainstorming ideas with local studio
- Organize local culture tasks: organizing brown bags, documenting activity, etc.
- Coordinate and assists in business development outreach efforts
- Assist with all outreach initiatives including CRM & email management
- Assist in implementing public relations programs and events
Research: Help keep the team and Method relevant on market trends and news.
- Lead market research for marketing & business development
- Conduct research to obtain marketing information about organization products and services
Content Development: Assist in developing and deploying content to multiple audiences through various channels.
- Maintain and grow social media networks
- Produce blog content and help maintain editorial calendar
- Assist in proposal generation and presentations
- Maintain and produces regularly scheduled reports of marketing metrics and results
Knowledge Management: Maintain up-to-date and global view of ongoing activities and upcoming activities.
- Maintain database of relevant awards and conferences and ensures timely execution of proposals
- Coordinate and maintains various marketing fulfillment duties and systems including email campaigns, contact databases, sales tools and templates, basic website and social media updates, and other sales literature
- Tracking of project results, upcoming launches, when projects are wrapping
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong project management skills, and the ability to manage multiple projects
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
- Comfortable with Mac OS and Keynote
- Familiarity with Adobe Photoshop and InDesign preferred
- Self-motivated self-starter
- Strategic thinker, with good analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong sense of ownership
- Web and social media savvy, ability to quickly learn new programs and platforms